12.6.09

what a world

Chris was with Dayton when he upchucked on a bed of rose bushes just off the side porch of the church.

He shield him from anyone else knowing.

"You all right?" Chris gave him a pat on the back.

"Of course, I am." Dayton nodded with tears in his eyes, but they were dripping. "Weddings always do this to me."

"Really?" Chris wondered if Dayton had ever been to a wedding before. He couldn't think of it.

"You think you'll marry Max?" Dayton wanted to know after people had moved along to the reception hall.

Chris cracked up. Really, it was the last thing he ever thought would come out of Dayton's mouth.

"We'd have to move to Iowa, you know."

"Yeah, so, its cheaper to live there than in Nebraska, isn't it?" Dayton looked him in the eye with a look, what the hell are you waiting for?

Chris just smiled.

6 comments:

ellie said...

everything is better in Iowa..hahahaa...

poor Dayton.

the oaks said...

Dayton can be sweet.

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to like Dayton, not sure why.

Natalie said...

^Me too, Em! He's making me feel bad for him ):

Oh, and for a second I thought it said he upchucked a bed of roses, not into one, and I was confused haha.

Cait said...

hahahah..Nat..thank you for pointint that out.

cady said...

Awh, Dayton.
I love him.