2.6.09

in the company of others

Dayton finally woke up from his brink of misery he guessed, but still he felt himself finding comfort in Oliver's stillness. It had caught him off guard. He guessed. He hadn't meant to do it. But it just felt right.

"Maybe you need a soda or something," Oliver finally mentioned.

"Maybe." He rubbed the tears from his eyes. "God, you think I'm coming on to you, don't you?" He said quite miserably then.

"No." Oliver shook his head. "No, of course not. You have a lot on your mind."

"Everything is changing, you know. I dunno what to do?" He felt a bit shaky. He couldn't remember the last time he ate. He wasn't even hungry.

"Here have my Twix bar, I'll get you something to drink." Oliver wanted to know what he liked so he went to get Dayton a Dr. Pepper while he sat down an opened the Twix bar.

"I know I keep saying I'm all right, but hate it, Oliver, I hate this. I really do." Dayton told Oliver when he got back with the drinks.

"Its tough, but you'll manage. You will. You have to have faith in Geoff. You have to be there for him even if he doesn't want to talk to you." Oliver advised.

"You make me feel I have to become a priest or something." Dayton sighed.

Oliver smiled back.

"All I can say is that I would have been Bex's friend if thats all I could have been. There's no one else for me, and I would have waited. I didn't want too, and maybe I really didn't." Oliver told him.

"Oliver, don't you know how miserable I was with Bex?" Dayton then confessed.

"You really wanted to be with her, though?"

"We looked good together, and I did try and well, I thought the same thing about Nancy. We really did look good together. But that doesn't matter to me, anymore. Looks can be so deceiving." Dayton squinted.

"I don't think Geoff's marrying Nancy because it looks good. He's just trying to help her and you know-"

"I know." Did Olvier really have to remind him? Dayton shut his eyes tight. Just when he thought he was growing up, always something had to set him back.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely lovely blog!

i love books! so i find your blog very interesting!

have a great day!

the oaks said...

poor Dayton.

blue hearts said...

Thank you so much Denise.

boubou said...

bonsoir ! first time or seconde time i come across your blog,well im gonna visit it better now lol :)
well if you be inspired by my collages or justdream come and visit my blog :)
a bientot!
Boubouteatime xx

sid and violet said...

Well, I feel very sad for Dayton. I hope he'll be ok.

Leon said...

so not easy being Dayton.

Natalie said...

Aww, Dayton does have it hard, doesn't he? But at least he has Oliver there to comfort him with Twix bars and Dr. Pepper :)