22.7.09

lunch

"I don't know what Geoff sees in Dayton." Bex told Nancy. She'd invited Nancy over for lunch. Of course, it was nothing special. Just a salad and lots of jello for afterwards.

"Potential, I suppose." Nancy just smiled. "Thank God, somebody sees something in him."

"And you're OK, that he moved back in?" Bex still wasn't quite sure she understood it.

"Where else is he going to go? You want him at your house?" Nancy smirked.

Bex shot her a look. "No way would that ever happen." Bex was sure of it.

"Well, Day was getting pretty chummy with your pretty boy, there." Nancy couldn't keep from laughing.

"Oliver was only being nice to him," Bex said. "Oliver is that kind of nice guy which I'm not."

"Tell me about it," Nancy sighed as she played with her salad.

"So you're feeling, OK?" Bex knew she was in her last trimester now. It wouldn't be long now.

"I just wish it would hurry up and get here." Nancy sound frustrated.

"Don't say that, you enjoy every moment of the peace and quiet you can." Bex sighed.

"Well, you're looking great," Nancy said. "You've lost weight."

"I can now get into the maternity clothes I first bought." Bex smiled. "I've got a ways to go. I'm so afraid I'm going to be diabetic now or something. I'm really trying to live on less."

"Really?"

"And I exercise as much as I can." Bex nodded.

"I am not looking forward to that."

"You'll probably look like you never were pregnant as soon as you have that baby." Bex envied her.

"No, I doubt that." Nancy shook her head.

"And you still don't want to know what it is?" Bex asked.

Nancy shook her head. Bex wondered if Geoff knew, already. If he did, he probably would, tell.

5 comments:

the oaks said...

Good to have Bex back in a scene.

ellie said...

I loved the beginning.

Natalie said...

That's good that Bex is losing some of the baby weight! I would never be able to wait to hear if it was a boy or a girl, I would go crazy not knowing and want to find out the first possible second, haha :P

Unknown said...

oohh..I think this is just getting exciting. And can't wait to what this story will be. ;D


Solo
Travel and Living
Job Hunt Pinoy

ivy said...

great to see Bex & Nancy.