6.7.09

catapulting

When Ruby called, Chris stood there at the kitchen phone expecting the worst.

"Well, can I talk to Dayton." Somehow it would not be true until he heard his voice. There was a pause and Chris suspected that Dayton didn't want to hear his voice, after all.

"Hey." He sounded as if he was trying to be high. Chris just sighed.

"Are you all right?" Chris winced wishing he could slap him. Slap that stupid smirk of his as if he was the coolest, and there was no other as quite a cool.

"Sure I am." He sounded all fun as if he'd taken a stroll on the beach or a dip in the pool, and he really didn't have time for this.

"What did you do?" Chris wanted to know.

"What did I do?" There he went again, all laugh no seriousness. "Well-well, I was with Ruby."

"Are you shit'n me?" Chris was angry now. Why would Ruby do such a thing? Not his little sister. "You're shit'n me, aren't you?"

"I would not shit you, about this." Dayton was keeping to his story, and he was sticking to it. How he'd some how convince Ruby to hide him, to be with him because she was his angel.

"I want to talk to Ruby." Chris needed a straight answer.

"Jesus, its not her fault, Chris." Dayton told him. "Don't you go blaming her on any of this. She is just fine. I'm fine. We are fine."

"I want to believe you, but I can't!" Chris tensed. "What did you do to my sister?"

"Nothing she wouldn't want done to her." He said so casually.

Chris sucked in a breath. He noticed Max staring at him with Chloe. He handed the phone to Max then and took the baby. "You talk to him." He said above his breath. "Maybe you can talk some sense into him."

8 comments:

Yesha said...

Wow. I'm quite lost now. Lol. But don't bother to explain me the story. I'll try to catch up. :D

It's Just Peach-y said...

in reply, I told him to take me the way I was.

Neat story :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope things are better soon.

simon n josh said...

I'm sure this does not set well with Chris..thinking Dayton has slept with his sister.

Natalie said...

Argh, things just seem to be continuously spiraling out of control D: Dayton really needs to come back and just talk to everyone face to face and get everything straightened out....

Unknown said...

He's so rotten..I can't help but like Dayton.

ellie said...

Oh, Dayton, he just can't seem to get himself out of trouble.

taffy. said...

dayton.

and he was doing so well before, wasn't he?