25.5.09

taking care of matters

"Are you out of your mind?" Max didn't want Geoff to rush into this, but if he didn't marry them then somebody else would, and he certainly wasn't going to charge anything to do it.

"I think the sooner the better," Geoff nodded who was thinking about insurance and that sort of thing instead of that word Love.

"This could be the biggest mistake of your life," Max had never sounded so depressing in his life as a preacher, but he was talking to Geoff as a friend.

"We'll be fine." Geoff nodded as if he knew what he was doing.

"But its a commitment."

"Yes, I know very well what it is." Geoff stared back at him as if his mind was made up.

"And this is what Nancy wants?" Max got behind his desk at the church office and looked at his calender.

"Most definitely."

"Well, I'm free day after tomorrow. Is that enough time for you two to get ready for a wedding?" Max looked up at Geoff.

"Yeap," Geoff nodded. "I've already got the marriage license taken care of."

"Then I guess we got us a date," Max shrugged. "What about Dayton? Is he going to be your best man?"

"Hardly." Geoff smiled.

"You haven't had a falling out about this, have you?" Max winced.

"I don't think so." Geoff shook his head. "I hope not. OK, we had a fight, but it was nothing. Really."

Max could only imagine what that must have been like. He knew that did nothing for a relationship.

"Well, if you want me to talk to him-"

"I don't know if it would do any good." Geoff remained even lipped. Finally Max said. "Well, we'll see you at two in the afternoon then."

"All right." Geoff smiled.

Max hoped he knew what he was doing.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad they are friends. & like Max..I hope Geoff knows what he's doing.

sid and violet said...

Geoff is so low key about this.

Natalie said...

Yeah, it seems kind of like Geoff doesn't really understand how much this is affecting Dayton :/

Anonymous said...

Geoff, I hope things don't go badly for him

simon n josh said...

Well..I guess he feels somebody has to take charge of the situation.

Jules said...

Hoping that Nothing will happen wrong to Geoff..And hope hat everything will be ok..=) Looking forward on your next post.=)

A Writers Den
The Brown Mestizo

the oaks said...

I wonder what the wedding will be like