4.2.09

another day

Max felt he was almost avoiding Bex as much as his mother. As of yet though, his mother was still keeping her distance which was fine with him, but he knew he had to see to Bex when he could.

"I still think you should stay home," Max told her in a professional matter when he did his bit of home nursing while he was visiting. Sure she was getting around the house now, but going back to work might be over doing it.

"Why not? I don't have these hidden degrees that you obviously do. Why didn't you tell me, you got a nursing degree."

"Because, Mom always wanted me to be a doctor, remember?" He looked at her.

"Mom." Bex rolled her eyes. "I hate it when she only knows how to bring me cheese cake, cheese enchiladas and cheese ravioli. She's just getting cheesy. Take some of that with you." She looked toward the kitchen then.

"Well, at least you two are talking." Max shrugged.

"I guess." Bex sat there on the couch watching Chloe in Max's arms. She looked up at him then. "Did you see that guy? Dayton was with?"

"What about him?" Max squinted.

"Do you think-" she looked away then. "Do you think that's his boyfriend?"

"I dunno. He was trying to console Dayton, I suppose."

"Console?"

"Apparently, Dayton felt really horrible about the accident." Max nodded.

"Apparently?" Bex scowled.

"It was an accident. He did send you a card and a fruit basket." Max reminded her.

"Whoopie!" Bex flew her arms up.

"I think you're being a little hard on him."

"Right," she shrugged. "As if. He didn't have to call me to say we needed to meet for this big thing. Thinking I'm having his baby. When he should be more worried about Nancy. She's the one who's gonna have his kid."

"What?" Max wasn't sure he could believe this.

"Yeah, he gets her knocked up and leaves her for this Geoff guy." Bex pushed her fingers through her hair.

"Well, he's not your problem anymore, is he?"

"No." Bex was straight lipped.

"And you're going to be sweet to Oliver?"

"Aren't I?" Bex sighed.

"I suppose, but he's really been good to you. And that's who you should be thinking about." He left her with that. She slightly gave him a worried look. Max just smiled. She just might make it yet, full term in July.

6 comments:

Cate said...

Cool! Some more information about Chris and Max!
I laughed about Bex's mum and cheese ^^
I think Bex is being a little hard on Dayton too. It was really nice of him to send a gift.

taffy. said...

aww, i'm glad no one forgets about ollie.

Anonymous said...

Oh Max..soothing things over for Bex. What else can a brother do.

Natalie said...

Haha, Bex's mom is getting cheesey... clever ;D I also agree that Bex might be being a bit hard on Dayton. He obviously feels horrible about the accident, she should cut him at least a little slack :P But things really need to be figured out with Nancy and the baby...

Unknown said...

I think Bex is growing up little by little..perhaps.

Jules said...

go bex. :)