31.12.08

pretty things


Dayton had figured out he wasn't near as good at the mechanic stuff as he thought he was. He did try to see if he could find work at the race track. It would have been a jackpot if he had, but it was then he'd found out it was Chris they'd been interested in. Not him.

It just didn't seem fair. It felt like a far off fairytale now, and Chris didn't even give a damn about working in a pit-stop now.

He just didn't know how to get out of this with Nancy. Exactly. He was hoping when he went home for Christmas that someone would still feel sorry for him and take him back, but they didn't. All they could talk about was Nancy. Nancy. Nancy.

It was just fuck'n great to hear them be so excited about somebody they hardly knew. If he knew that person maybe things would be different. But he wasn't even counting on that ever existing.
Nobody mentioned Bex ever again. And he supposed he wasn't suppose to think about her, either. Couldn't talk about Chris, neither. Maybe that hurt even more.
Dayton knew what they wanted. He needed to get his dumb-ass act together. Find a job. Get a life. Something. It wasn't like his life in crime was paying off.
It was just... he'd finally made a friend in the most unlikely places.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has taken quite a turn. I like. :)

Unknown said...

Oh..I feel for Dayton. Everyone is letting him down.

Anonymous said...

Happy new year! Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

dawn said...

what's the history with nancy? has he been with her long? what happened between them to make him feel so alienated from her? sorry, i'm trying to get up to speed with him. he's an interesting character too. it's good that he's thinking of trying to find some direction in his life... it''ll be interesting to see how he manages that (if he does it) or balances it rather, with his bad boy tendencies. but i guess that bad boy stuff is all about the anger from past hurts maybe? and taking it out on himself? idk. can't wait to find out as this story goes along....

hope you have a great new year. i'm down with a virus, so a quiet night for us. but that's okay for us old people! :)

Natalie said...

Hey, I'm sorry I've been missing in action for some time, but I'm going to get up to speed with everything that I missed in a jiffy! It seems like a lot's happened since I've been gone, I can't wait to get caught up!

Cate said...

I'm happy you liked my post. Yeah, Viggo... He's been my movie crush since I saw him first on screen. :)
And glad I made you laugh about Emily and Archie ^^

Anonymous said...

Have a beautiful new year. I like how this evolving. I want to know more about dayton.

L said...

Wow, I'm actually starting to feel bad for Dayton. O.O


Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I like that you're not doing the usual thing with Alex Evans. I think maybe someone comes up with an idea of what someone is supposed to be like, and then everyone else just goes with it, maybe without even realizing they're doing it.

ivy said...

whats dayton gonna do. stuck with nancy.

Happy New year!

Anonymous said...

Looking quite interesting..can't wait to find out about this friend.