24.11.08

nothing to explain

"So where did the boxes go?" Max wondered while he was making pancakes at midnight.

"Dayton picked them up." Chris just said as he got out plates and and forks.

"Did he call?"

Chris shook his head, "I got the key back."

"Just like that, didn't have to arm wrestle it from him or anything." Max winced.

"No." Chris went to get the butter and the syrup. "I kind of wished I'd told him about Bex and the twins. Maybe that would have started some sort of competition, you know, see who's kid would be born first. Wish I'd told him."

Max dished out the pancakes, divvied out the bacon and sat down. They prayed. Quick and simple.

"I heard you two talking," Max then confessed while Chris crunched on a piece of bacon.

"Oh, yeah." Chris swallowed the bacon, but didn't take his eyes off Max.

"You could have said what you thought of him, but you didn't. You really think he'll settle down?"

"No." Chris didn't give it a second thought, he dug into his pancakes then. "I just told him the right thing to do. When has he ever listened to me?"

Max just smiled then and took a drink of cold milk.

"You, are going to give me that key, aren't you?" Max looked at Chris with just a little wiggle in his lips.

"Of course," Chris got it out of his jeans then and handed to Max.

"I don't mean to sound, you know, hand it over, now, or anything," Max then said. "But I gotta tell you, I don't really like staying at Oliver's all that much. Its a nice place and all, but I couldn't help feeling sometimes, that somebody was there or they were watching me. I can't explain it, but it was just this irry feeling."

"Sure." Chris just smiled.

"Why don't you believe me?" Max shrugged.

"I didn't say I didn't. Its just kind of funny thinking of you that way. But you don't think anyone is watching us right now, do you?"

"No."

Chris just chuckled and fed Max a piece of bacon.

5 comments:

Cate said...

"Some sort of competition, whose kid would be born first" - LOL ^^
Wow, that feeling Max had at Oliver's place is really creepy... I wonder if Izzy was hiding there somewhere.

taffy. said...

CUTE!
I WANT TO FEED MAX BACON!

BiLLiON $$$ said...

i just kinda couldn't keep up with it
my posting just got less and less(bad grammar) so i decided with all my skool stuff that i would just take a break
i am making a new one soon :)

dawn said...

aw...a breakfast morning moment! :) sweet.

ivy said...

nothing like those late night treats.