17.11.08

something real

Chris froze. What had he done? It was as if he thought for sure he was a goner. And what would people say if he'd just died right there at that spot. He couldn't let them think the worst of Max, but he had saved him. Max had saved him.

He needed to wash his mouth out. Maybe scrape the meal into the garbage. Something. But he couldn't move. He was drawn in by Max's lips on his neck. He took in deep sigh, shook his head, no.

He didn't want to take anything away from Max. He wouldn't. He did his best to shake his head, pushing Max's arms from around him.

"You don't really want to do this," Chris fought back the urge to want him more. "Not with me. You want something better. Better than me."

"How can you say that?" Max whispered in Chris' ear.

"I dunno." Chris shivered. His lashes fluttered. "I never-." He caught his breath. "Not somebody like you." Yet it was a bit intoxicating. When he turned toward Max, Chris felt Max's lips on his face.

"Look, I just threw up," Chris turned and took his dish then and went to the sink to dump his dish and gulp down a glass of water. Max followed him and watched him drink the water.

"I know what I'm supposed to say," Max told him, "But sometimes, you just have to let nature take its course and just see where it goes, and I can only think of you."

Chris nodded and then rushed in with a real kiss for Max.

3 comments:

taffy. said...

yes
yes
YES YES YES.


i just love the picture of max's lips on chris' neck.

dawn said...

awesome! here we go!

ellie said...

Lov'n it.